Vastu Shastra is a science based on directions, color and chart significance that is built to enhance the fortune of the dwellers of the house or a space they occupy. The ancient system that comprises of five elements i.e. fire, water, earth, air and space are associated with nine sectors in a home- North, Northeast, East, Southeast, South, Southwest, West, Northwest, and Center or the Brahm Sthaan. Vastu expert from Dubai explains that each color holds significance in the color chart of vastu Shastra. Let us understand about it all.
Ancient tool utilized and built in a manner that it determines the placement of objects in an optimum manner with relation to activities of a home or any other said structure. It is designed with a purpose to create abundance and strike a perfect balance between directions, color and space. The utility of a vastu chart is more for providing alignment of natural forces of the cosmos with the items of the house and its directional placement.
A chart is utilized in numerous ways by a vastu expert, it may be hung on the wall for reference purpose while planning and making additional changes to the space.
It may be used as a source of determining the energy of the home by a vastu expert like vastu consultant from Dubai; she ensures it is utilized in the perfect manner for creating perfect balanced life for the occupants.
Direction and Vastu Chart
Directions are significant in vastu chart as these together determine the utilization of space in the best possible manner for energy balance and understanding the flow of energy. There are specific sectors and each corresponds to a given direction, as follows: North–wealth and prosperity.
- South –health and family.
- East –knowledge and wisdom.
- West –relationships and spirituality
- North-east –creativity and self-expression.
- North-west –generosity and travel.
- South-east –work and service.
- South-west –love and marriage.
Significance of Colors
- North: Colors corresponding to this direction are -white, pale blue, or silver. These colors signify water and air; these elements constitute as source of energy flow and serenity.
- East: Colors corresponding to this direction are- yellow, green, or pink. These colors signify happiness, prosperity, and good health.
- South: Colors corresponding to this direction are- red, orange, or brown. These colors signify the fire element, and these colors constitute to enhancing vitality and courage.
- West: Colors corresponding to this direction are- blue, black, or purple. These colors signify the earth element, and these colors constitute grounding and stability.
Only a well versed and professional vastu expert like vastu expert from Dubai is capable of analyzing, utilizing these colors and mixing or matching these to create harmony and balance in the house. For instance she may suggest the client to utilize these colors in the following manner:
- White for north signifies water and promoting serenity.
- Yellow in east for ushering in good health and happiness for the occupants.
- Red for south sector for promoting courage and vitality.
- Blue for west for grounding purpose.
Although mix and match of shades and colors too can be done but this should strictly be done as per vastu expert and not on your own or else it may lead to imbalance in energy and disturbances.
Tips for Utilizing Vastu Chart
It is essential to note that there may be numerous home vastu charts in the market available, but these should not be used without consulting an expert on vastu Shastra, as it requires caution and understanding of some don’ts while using it:
- Avoid using too many colors as each color signifies a meaning attached to it as per vastu Shastra. Too many colors may lead to confusion and energy imbalances. The best one can do is use 2-3 colors maximum.
- Vastu chart is based broadly on four cardinal directions- North, South, East, and West and this is how one should begin using it, but again, placement of the chart too is where one need to serve caution.
- Reading and interpreting vastu chart is the forte of an expert like vastu consultant from Dubai, she is professional who helps her clients understand it and interpret it in the right manner by simplifying its usage and significance.
In conclusion to it all designing a house with vastu compliance rules or refurbishing existing one, it is all about energy, balancing the colors and striking balance of elements with relation to vastu chart.