It is said ‘a proper place for everything makes the space proper’, well it’s not just a saying but vastu Shastra too works on the same principle, it is all about keeping your sleeping room or bedroom in the correct order. As per vastu expert from Dubai: It is all about organizing and placement of all the items right from the bedsheets to the furniture and even electronics in your bedroom in the right direction and in the right manner that would highly impact the energy of your sleeping room and aid in a good night sleep. Additionally, if it’s a couple’s room then they will have a harmonious relationship.
Position of the Bed
- For a sound sleep it is essential that the positioning of the bed in the bedroom should be in the right direction that should be in alignment with the right poles of the earth so as not to cause disturbance in your sleep due to opposing magnetic poles.
- South-west direction is ideal for the placement of the bed wherein the person sleeping should sleep with their head in the east or south direction that would enable in harnessing positive vibrations of the relevant directions.
- The bed should be made of wood and it should be either square or rectangular, any other material or any other shape of the bed would cause confusion and conflicts.
- Avoid placing bed under a beam if it cannot be avoided then consider adding a false ceiling above to correct the vastu dosha.
Easy Tips for a Sound Sleep
- Mirrors should be avoided in bedroom, especially directly in front of the bed.
- Keeping the bedroom clutter free would give you clarity of mind and serenity.
- Bedroom is not the ideal place for keeping electronic items that includes laptops and tablets too.
- Bedroom walls should ideally be painted in pastels and earth tones like white, pink or cream.
- It is ideal to air out the room every now and then to maintain the balance of air element that controls the emotional state of the one occupying the room.
Placement of Wardrobe / Cupboard
- South-west and west are ideal directions for wardrobe installation or keeping a cupboard. Alternatively, north-west too is a good option for the same.
Placement of Electronics
- If you cannot avoid electronics then placing a TV set in the south-east would be ideal.
- Avoid placing TV directly in front of the bed to ensure that your bed is not reflected on its surface.
Right Type of Bed Linen
- Ensure fresh, clean and new bedsheets are used.
- Light and pastel shades are ideal for linen in a bedroom.
- Often decorating bed with extra pillows and cushions are a trend, but this should be avoided as it breeds negativity.
Placement of Flowers and Plants
- Artificial plants and flowers should be avoided, if you like to decorate then adorn your bedroom with real and fresh flowers that should be changed daily.
- Placing flowers in a vase with the ideal color is essential as it affects the vibes of the room: red vase for increasing love in relationships; yellow vase for students for concentration and knowledge.
Dos and Don’ts as per Vastu for Bedroom
- Ensure that the door installed in your bedroom should create a 90 degree angle when it’s open.
- The door of the bedroom should never make creaking sound or have cracks or kept dirty.
- Keeping pleasant pictures like family pictures and pictures or paintings that are pleasant within your eyeshot in bedroom is good.
- Bed placement should be avoided across bathroom and directly in front of the door.
- The center of the house should be kept free and therefore no bedroom shall be designed in that direction.
- Mirror or reflection of bed in any shiny surface in your bedroom is bad for your health.
- Avoid box beds as it would only breed negativity or only store items that you use and discard the rest.